Saturday, June 13, 2009

Scrapbook & Papercraft Convention & Expo

As you know I went to the Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo in Brisbane at the long weekend. What a great excuse for a girls weekend. Shandell, Jenny & I had the funnest time (I know that's not a word but it is so true).
We had dinner and drinks at The Brekky Creek Hotel on the Saturday night. If you haven't been there before, you should try next time your in Brissy. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food was absolutely divine. On Sunday we went to the Scrapbook Expo and shopped and shopped and chatted and I did a Printblocks Class and made a lovely album with the new Your story machine. The Your Story is a brand new laminating and thermal binding maching from Provocraft. It hasn't arrived in Australia yet but will only be a couple more weeks. I'll let you know when they're available. The expo was great, imagine all those scrapbooking stores under one roof with heaps of demos and presentations. We easily spent the whole day there checking things out and learning heaps.
Sunday night we were invited to a Printblocks party at Southbank. It was great to get together with other shop owners and suppliers and let our hair down for a few hours. There were a few 'famous' scrappers there and it was really nice to meet them. They were such lovely ladies and so down to earth. And just about everyone there won a prize (except me) but I had so much fun it didn't matter. We got heaps of photos of the evening and you can see how much fun we had.
Monday was another trip to the Expo where we did a class each. I made a gorgeous memo board and Shandell made a stunning mini book. I will have to post photos when I get them.
And the drive home which was quite eventful and a great way to top off one of the most enjoyable weekends ever. A quick stop into Krispy Kreme donuts didn't hurt either.

No comments: